The HAPSAT Society consists of all full- and part-time graduate students at the IHPST, and operates as their representative, organizational and social body. Meetings are held approximately monthly, and all HAPSAT members are welcome to attend.
HAPSAT members make various important contributions to graduate student life. Some of these are:
- The representation of and advocacy for graduate student interests at the IHPST
- Representation of the IHPST graduate community at the University of Toronto Graduate Students Union and CUPE 3902 Unit 1
- The organization of the yearly graduate student conference
- A lunchtime talk series focused on ongoing work, the ‘Colloquialisms’
- The mentorship of incoming students
- Collaborations with other graduate student societies
- Organization of graduate student social events
Each September, an executive is elected to perform these and other important functions.
In 2018-2019, the HAPSAT Executive is:
President: Victoria Fisher
Secretary-Treasurer: Sarah Qidwai
UTGSU Rep: Daniel Halverson/Austin Due
CUPE Unit 3902 Unit 1 Steward: Bree Lohman
Colloquialism Coordinator: Vincent Auffrey
Social Coordinator: David Collins & Paul Patton
Conference Coordinator: Victoria Fisher
Writing Group Coordinator: Alex Djedovic
Horticulturalist: Sophie LeBlanc
Coffee Tsar: Jessie Hall
HAPSAT also elects the managing editor of the IHPST’s graduate student-edited journal, Spontaneous Generations. Click to read the latest and past issues (open access). The current managing editor is Jessie Hall.