The HAPSAT Society consists of all full- and part-time graduate students at the IHPST, and operates as their representative, organizational and social body. Meetings are held approximately monthly, and all HAPSAT members are welcome to attend.
HAPSAT members make various important contributions to graduate student life. Some of these are:
- The representation of and advocacy for graduate student interests at the IHPST
- Representation of the IHPST graduate community at the University of Toronto Graduate Students Union and CUPE 3902 Unit 1
- The organization of the yearly graduate student conference
- A lunchtime talk series focused on ongoing work, the ‘Colloquialisms’
- The mentorship of incoming students
- Collaborations with other graduate student societies
- Organization of graduate student social events
Each September, an executive is elected to perform these and other important functions.
For 2020-21, the HAPSAT Executive is:
President: Vincent Auffrey
Secretary/Treasurer: Victoria Fisher
Conference Coordinator: Austin Due
Colloquialism Coordinators: Andrew Jones (Fall and Winter) and Jan Henning
CUPE Representative: Candace Massey
UTGSU Representative: Austin Due
Writing Group Coordinator: Alex Djedovic
Social Coordinators: Paul Patton and Juan Serrano Reyes
Coffee Commissar: Paul Patton
Horticulturalist: Austin Due
HAPSAT also elects the managing editor of the IHPST’s graduate student-edited journal, Spontaneous Generations. Click to read the latest and past issues (open access). The current managing editor is Daniel Halverson.