The History and Philosophy of Science Undergraduate Society (HPSUS) consists of all full-time undergraduate students who are enrolled in any HPS course during any given semester, and operates as their representative, organizational, social body, and course union. General meetings are held at least once a semester, though there are social and academic events happening approximately monthly, and all HPSUS members are invited to attend.
HPSUS executive members make important contributions to undergraduate student life, such as:
- The representation of and advocacy for undergraduate student interests at the IHPST and wider U of T administration;
- Represent the HPS undergraduate community at ASSU;
- Organization of at least bi-annual academic events relating to topics in the History and Philosophy of Science and Technology;
- Organization of undergraduate student social events;
- Assist with organization and funding matters of the HPS Undergraduate Journal, Almagest.
At the end of each academic year, the HPSUS holds elections to appoint the executive team. The HPSUS executives for the 2019/2020 year are:
- President: Patrick Fraser
- Vice President External: Nicole D’Or
- Vice President Internal: Gavin Foster
- Secretary: Nikki Levesley
- Treasurer: Eddie Huang
The Almagest call for editors is live now at www.almagestjournal.com/apply. The call for papers happens in November.